Beverages and snacks will be provided and all parents who attend automatically enter their student into a prize raffle. Remember - financial aid is first come, first served and we want to help you get as much money as possible! Please RSVP to Mrs. Eileen Jensen at 718-420-2692. Contact Ms. Jennifer Pecora at 718-420-2619 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Before the event, get your FSA ID.
● An FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature.
● Only create an FSA ID using your own personal information and for your own exclusive use. You are not authorized to create an FSA ID on behalf of someone else, including a family member.
● To save time, create your FSA ID before the event and bring it with you. Visit fsaid.ed.gov.
Here is a checklist of the information and documents you should have with you as you complete the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Student’s social security number. Have the card to ensure the number is correct.
Parents' social security number. Have the card to ensure the number is correct.
Parents' dates of birth.
Student's driver’s license number, if you have one.
Student's Permanent Alien Registration Number, if not a U.S. citizen.
Copy of student’s 2015 Federal Income Tax Return.
○ If not yet filed, then last pay stubs for each job held during 2015 and
○ Copy of student’s 2014 Federal Income Tax Return
Copy of parents’ 2015 Federal Income Tax Return.
○ If not yet filed, use each parents’ last pay stub for every job held in 2015 and
○ Copy of parents’ 2015 Federal Income Tax Return
Records of student’s 2015 untaxed income from the following sources of income:
○ Child support payments received in the student’s name
○ Interest income
○ Veterans non-education benefits
○ Social security benefits in the student’s name
Records of parents’ 2014 untaxed income from the following sources of income:
○ Child support payments received in the student's name; do not include foster care
○ Tax exempt interest income
○ Veterans non-education benefits o such as disability, death pension,
○ Untaxed portion of pension benefits; exclude rollovers
○ Untaxed payments to tax deferred pensions and retirement savings plans (on W-2)
○ Untaxed portion of IRA distributions; exclude rollovers
○ Untaxed portion of IRA deductions
○ Housing, food and other living
○ allowances pd. to members of the military, clergy & others
○ Other untaxed income, such as workers’ compensation & disability (not untaxed SS benefits)
○ For student and one parent.
Valid email address, if available.
○ An email address is required to reset your FSA ID, should you forget it.
*information from www.collegegoalny.org